Veteran Nollywood actress, Bukky Ajayi, died today at the age of 82 and will be buried according to Islamic rites.
As tributes pour in for the iconic actress, so have details about her life and successful career.
You probably didn’t know she was a Muslim. She was born a christian but converted to Islam in the early eighties and chose the name Zainab.
Here are some other things you probably didn’t know about her.
- Bukky’s love for the theatre was ignited when as a young girl, her father used to take her to the cinemas.
2. Her dad, who played a vital role in her passion for theatre, never saw here perform before he died.
3. She studied at the Stanislavsky Institute of Drama, London on a Federal Government scholarship.
4. Her first job in Nigeria was with the Nigeria Television as a presentation assistant in 1966.
5. Her first acting experience was in the Nigerian hit soap opera Village Headmaster.
6. She stared in movies like Mother of George, Indecent Girl, Diamond Ring, Witches, Thunderbolt (magun), Oduduwa,
Final Whistle, Temini tie ko, Indecent girls, Keep my will, fine things and so on. Bukky Ajayi
7. She is the mother of one of Nigeria’s pioneer rappers, Abounce (Olakunle Fawole).
8. She featured alongside her son, Abounce in Diamond Ring movie. (Punch)