Osinbajo reveals amount Buhari’s government has spent on 2nd Niger Bridge

By Ted Peters on 21/10/2017

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 949

Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo
Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo

Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, has said that the federal government under President Muhammadu Buhari has so far spent $2bn from the Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF) for the completion of the second Niger Bridge.

He said this during the flag-off of the governorship campaign of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Onitsha area of Anambra State.

 

Restating the commitment of the Federal Government in developing infrastructure in the South East, Osinbajo said: “We are not making promises for nothing. The second Niger Bridge, we have been talking about it for a long time. But for the first time, President Muhammadu Buhari went by himself to negotiate the facility to do that second Niger Bridge.

“And that is why the second Niger Bridge is in our current budget and we have provided for it. In fact, I am being reminded that just two days ago, the Sovereign Wealth Fund paid $2bn for that same project. So we will definitely see our second Niger Bridge. We will not make promises we cannot keep.”

The VP went on to claim that the previous administrations abandoned the Lagos-Calabar railway project, stressing that it has been revived under the APC-led Federal Government.

“When we were talking of railway, Lagos-Calabar railway, under the old administration, I will not mention them by name.

 

“They said Lagos-Calabar will go from Lagos to Calabar, there was no connection to the South-East. It was when President Muhammadu Buhari came that we redesigned the Lagos-Calabar in order to pass through Onitsha in the first place.

“By that new design, we also have the Port Harcourt-Maiduguri railway that has a connection to Umuahia-Owerri and Enugu-Awka. So all of those, we will not make promises we cannot keep. Every promise we make, we will keep,” he added.

Speaking further, Mr Osinbajo also stresses that Anambra was the first state to benefit from the school feeding initiative that has employed over a thousand cooks and fed over a hundred thousand.

He added, “This state was the first state to receive our home-grown school feeding. This Anambra was the very first state that we gave money for that programme. And we have already in 807 schools, here in Anambra state where these young children (primary schools) are already fed.

 

“We have over a hundred thousand children that are already fed here in Anambra state, and that is an APC programme, our home-grown school feeding programme. We have engaged over a thousand cooks, over a thousand people are cooking. We have our N-Power programme for young graduates. Already we have employed over 4,000 graduates and we intend to increase the number.”

Posted 21/10/2017 07:29:46 AM

 

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon


 

You may also like...
2019: I’m running for Nigeria’s survival, says Atiku...

Fuel scarcity may end in days – Major...

INEC announces date for Osun governorship rerun

Buhari halts campaign for 2019 presidency

‎FG withholds Paris Club refund to starve Ekiti,...

Court sentences Chibok girls’ abductor 15 years imprisonment...

Biafra: 'I am not a Nigerian' , Nnamdi...

Boko Haram kills 20 in Borno suicide attack...

Controversy surrounds Melaye’s whereabouts

Presidents, Governors barred from being sworn-in thrice

My administration was not corrupt – Gowon

FG releases list of PDP treasury looters

 

Latest News INEC confirms Tambuwal as Sokoto PDP guber candidate Why I married Atiku – Titi Abubakar Atiku kicks off presidential campaign Monday Infrastructure: Buhari laying foundation for economic growth, says Fashola APC’s Olawuyi wins Kwara bye-election with 21,236 votes EEDC maps electricity network in South-East using GIS – Manager Benue: Ortom speaks on failed attempts to impeach him TRAGEDY: Mother and daughter, four INEC staff, NYSC member perish in road accident I’ll sell 90% of NNPC if elected – Atiku N13bn project: Why we dragged Ayogu to EFCC --Enugu community 2019: Buhari, Oshiomhole meet, set to announce APC campaign date CAN visits Buhari, says APC becoming corrupt politicians’ safe haven

 

Most Read NAFDAC eases processes, cost of registering products for MSMEs (7,072 views) Full Text of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s 2016 Budget Speech (5,679 views) Ex-Heads of State will protect Jonathan from persecution —Kukah (5,397 views) IPOB: ‘We need urgent clarifications on Nnamdi Kanu’s status, whereabouts’, UK Govt tells FG (4,869 views) ASUU strike: Senate intervention ends in deadlock (4,766 views) Ex-governor Adebayo, Keyamo, Arise, others get board appointments (3,964 views) Ugwuanyi commends FG’s siting of ICT University in Enugu (3,747 views) Nigeria ripe for Restructuring Now – Nwodo in Chatham House (3,697 views) Prince Arthur Eze canvasses support for Buhari, Ugwuanyi (3,697 views) Anambra: INEC releases 37 candidates for Nov poll (3,661 views) Buhari has disappointed Nigerians – Arewa Youth Forum (3,648 views) Quit notice: Kaduna Govt obtains bench warrant against Northern youths (3,636 views)

 

SECTIONS NEWS (613) EDITORIAL (6) POLITICS (385) SOCIETY (104) SPORTS (13) BUSINESS (227) HEALTH (16) EDUCATION (16) ENTERTAINMENT (8) INTERNATIONAL (30) TECHNOLOGY (1) COLUMNISTS (0) LETTERS (0) OPINION (8)

 

 

Julius Agwu - Crazy Interview Demands