Edward Soje: Kogi Director who committed suicide had Partial Stroke – Police

By Tony Edike on 24/10/2017

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 940

The deceased Edward Soje
The deceased Edward Soje

The Kogi State police command on Monday claimed that the director in the state civil service, Edward Soje, who committed suicide last week had a partial stroke before he died.

The command, however, said it would conduct a comprehensive autopsy on the body of the deceased to ascertain the particular cause of his death.

Addressing newsmen on Monday,  the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Kogi state command, Williams Aya, said the command has decided to conduct an autopsy to ascertain what actually led to his death.

He said a report received from the Division Police Officer (DPO) where the case was first reported showed that Sodje was suffering from partial stroke, following which he was on drugs.

Aya, upon further probe, however, said there was no medical report or document to back up the claim as it was only through an investigation conducted by the police.

When asked further how it was possible for a stroke patient to climb a tree and hang himself, the PPRO said the investigation was still ongoing.

The late Soje’s body was last week Thursday found hanging on a tree beside Mammy market at the Maigumeri housing the Nigeria Army Command Records, Lokoja.

The incident happened few days after his wife gave birth to triplets in a hospital in Abuja after 17 years of marriage.

Aya noted that as at the time the military found his body hanging on a tree, there was no suicide note on him that would have explained the circumstances of his death.

The police image maker that investigation has commenced and very soon they will get to the root of the matter.

The late civil servant took his own life following what family sources called series of financial challenges as he was said to be owed 11 months salary.

But the state government said he was only owed nine months as he was last paid in December last year, according to the Head of Service of the state, Deaconess Deborah Ogunmola.

According to her,  Soje continued to receive his salaries till December, 2016 even while the Staff Screening and Verification Exercise was ongoing.

She said his salary was stopped after proof emerged that he falsified his age records.

Posted 24/10/2017 06:19:14 AM

 

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon


 

You may also like...
Alleged fraud: Atiku, Gana, others visit Jang in...

Plateau: Six killed, 15 buildings, church burnt down...

Offa Bank robbery: Coalition gives Saraki June 12...

We’ll flush out undisciplined, incompetent policemen, says Smith,...

Mass Burial: Ekweremadu commiserates with Benue

The Big Kick-off: World greatest sports fiesta begins...

BREAKING: Unknown gunmen abduct Dino Melaye

Nine corpers drown during riverside picnic

PDP clears Enugu Council Polls

US deports 34 Nigerians

Ex-Heads of State will protect Jonathan from persecution...

National Assembly: Idris dissociates Police from invasion

 

Latest News 150 corrupt persons convicted in six months –Magu Buhari has destroyed Nigeria in three years - Charlie Boy Senators sue AGF, DSS, police for alleged plot to remove Saraki 2019: It’ll be Buhari/Osinbajo joint-ticket – Presidency Hold FG, APC responsible if democracy comes near harm —PDP PDP raises alarm over alleged plot to arrest Saraki, Ekweremadu Gov Obiano’s aide found dead in his room EFCC slams President’s aide for linking it to Saraki APC endorses Buhari Campaign Organisation to takeover NASS if Saraki remains Senate President Boko Haram: Angry soldiers ground Borno Airport, threaten to shoot superiors over redeployment Gunmen ambush, kill 4 policemen in Kaduna Contractor demolishes five ongoing projects, says he’s being owed

 

Most Read NAFDAC eases processes, cost of registering products for MSMEs (6,450 views) Full Text of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s 2016 Budget Speech (4,718 views) Ex-Heads of State will protect Jonathan from persecution —Kukah (4,577 views) IPOB: ‘We need urgent clarifications on Nnamdi Kanu’s status, whereabouts’, UK Govt tells FG (4,075 views) ASUU strike: Senate intervention ends in deadlock (4,000 views) Ex-governor Adebayo, Keyamo, Arise, others get board appointments (3,336 views) Nigeria ripe for Restructuring Now – Nwodo in Chatham House (3,072 views) Ugwuanyi commends FG’s siting of ICT University in Enugu (3,019 views) Quit notice: Kaduna Govt obtains bench warrant against Northern youths (3,002 views) Buhari has disappointed Nigerians – Arewa Youth Forum (2,999 views) Anambra: INEC releases 37 candidates for Nov poll (2,976 views) Chime not owner of Enugu Mall – Spar (2,492 views)

 

SECTIONS NEWS (364) EDITORIAL (5) POLITICS (318) SOCIETY (99) SPORTS (12) BUSINESS (182) HEALTH (16) EDUCATION (14) INTERNATIONAL (26) ENTERTAINMENT (7) TECHNOLOGY (1) COLUMNISTS (0) LETTERS (0) OPINION (8)

 

 

Julius Agwu - Crazy Interview Demands