Edward Soje: Kogi Director who committed suicide had Partial Stroke – Police

By Tony Edike on 24/10/2017

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 1,012

The deceased Edward Soje
The deceased Edward Soje

The Kogi State police command on Monday claimed that the director in the state civil service, Edward Soje, who committed suicide last week had a partial stroke before he died.

The command, however, said it would conduct a comprehensive autopsy on the body of the deceased to ascertain the particular cause of his death.

Addressing newsmen on Monday,  the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Kogi state command, Williams Aya, said the command has decided to conduct an autopsy to ascertain what actually led to his death.

He said a report received from the Division Police Officer (DPO) where the case was first reported showed that Sodje was suffering from partial stroke, following which he was on drugs.

Aya, upon further probe, however, said there was no medical report or document to back up the claim as it was only through an investigation conducted by the police.

When asked further how it was possible for a stroke patient to climb a tree and hang himself, the PPRO said the investigation was still ongoing.

The late Soje’s body was last week Thursday found hanging on a tree beside Mammy market at the Maigumeri housing the Nigeria Army Command Records, Lokoja.

The incident happened few days after his wife gave birth to triplets in a hospital in Abuja after 17 years of marriage.

Aya noted that as at the time the military found his body hanging on a tree, there was no suicide note on him that would have explained the circumstances of his death.

The police image maker that investigation has commenced and very soon they will get to the root of the matter.

The late civil servant took his own life following what family sources called series of financial challenges as he was said to be owed 11 months salary.

But the state government said he was only owed nine months as he was last paid in December last year, according to the Head of Service of the state, Deaconess Deborah Ogunmola.

According to her,  Soje continued to receive his salaries till December, 2016 even while the Staff Screening and Verification Exercise was ongoing.

She said his salary was stopped after proof emerged that he falsified his age records.

Posted 24/10/2017 06:19:14 AM

 

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon


 

You may also like...
INEC declares Kayode Fayemi winner of Ekiti Governorship...

Anambra: INEC releases 37 candidates for Nov poll...

Herdsmen kill 17 in fresh Benue attack

Plateau killings: APC demands arrest, prosecution of perpetrators...

Ex-Heads of State will protect Jonathan from persecution...

Don’t parade yourself as monarch without symbols of...

I’ll be an idiot to say Buhari has...

World Cup: Rohr admits mistakes

Nigeria’s population now 198 million – NPC

2018 Budget: Fayose attacks Buhari for blaming National...

'APC doesn't deserve anything of mine' — Aisha...

Herdsmen attack Ondo LG secretariat, chase out workers...

 

Latest News Odinkalu lists threats to 2019 elections 2019: Impostors trying to submit fake names to INEC – PDP IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu resurfaces in Israel Boko Haram will soon become history – Buhari Aggrieved APC Aspirants seek President Buhari’s intervention Customs Intercepts N28m China-made Container Load of Soup FG begs workers to accept N24,000 new minimum wage Allow Ojukwu’s spirit to rest in peace, MASSOB tells APGA Abia Pipeline Explosion: Atiku Abubakar commiserates with victims, donates N10million FEC Approves ‘No Work, No Pay’ During Strike, Decides On Minimum Wage, Others 'APC doesn't deserve anything of mine' — Aisha Alhassan EFCC obtains court order to detain Fayose for two weeks …ex-gov to sue anti-graft agency

 

Most Read NAFDAC eases processes, cost of registering products for MSMEs (6,872 views) Full Text of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s 2016 Budget Speech (5,345 views) Ex-Heads of State will protect Jonathan from persecution —Kukah (5,128 views) IPOB: ‘We need urgent clarifications on Nnamdi Kanu’s status, whereabouts’, UK Govt tells FG (4,602 views) ASUU strike: Senate intervention ends in deadlock (4,509 views) Ex-governor Adebayo, Keyamo, Arise, others get board appointments (3,756 views) Ugwuanyi commends FG’s siting of ICT University in Enugu (3,487 views) Nigeria ripe for Restructuring Now – Nwodo in Chatham House (3,485 views) Anambra: INEC releases 37 candidates for Nov poll (3,440 views) Buhari has disappointed Nigerians – Arewa Youth Forum (3,429 views) Quit notice: Kaduna Govt obtains bench warrant against Northern youths (3,418 views) Prince Arthur Eze canvasses support for Buhari, Ugwuanyi (3,379 views)

 

SECTIONS NEWS (512) EDITORIAL (6) POLITICS (368) SOCIETY (104) SPORTS (12) BUSINESS (213) HEALTH (16) EDUCATION (15) ENTERTAINMENT (7) INTERNATIONAL (30) TECHNOLOGY (1) COLUMNISTS (0) LETTERS (0) OPINION (8)

 

 

Julius Agwu - Crazy Interview Demands