FG releases list of PDP treasury looters

By Editor on 31/03/2018

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 638

Lai  Mohammed
Lai Mohammed

The Federal Government has squared up to the challenge of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), by releasing a list of some of its members, it claimed looted the nation’s treasury, when the party was in power. 

However, the name of former President, Goodluck Jonathan and his wife, Patience, were missing in the list released by Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, to the media in Lagos on Friday.

In recent times, Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, had been making serious allegations of the looting of the Nigerian treasury by the former President, one of which was that he withdrew about N200billion from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), a week to the 2015 presidential election, which he distributed to sundry interests to influence the election.

In fact, the Vice President, had gone ahead to release further details of the alleged looting, after a challenge by Jonathan's spokesman, Reno Omokri, making it surprising that the name of the former president should be missing in Mohammed's list.  

However, the minister, who said the government was releasing the names, which included the PDP National Chairman, Uche Secondus, in response to the challenge thrown at it by the opposition party, in order to curb its grandstanding, said the current list, was just a tip of the iceberg.

His words: “The PDP has challenged us to name the looters under their watch. They said they did not loot the treasury. Well, I am sure they know that the treasury was looted dry under their watch. Yet they decided to grandstand. This shows the hollowness of their apology.”

 

The list:

 

  1.    PDP Chairman Uche Secondus.

Allegation: On the 19th of Feb 2015, he took N200 million only from the office of the NSA.

 

  1. Former PDP Financial Secretary.

Allegation: On the 24th of Oct 2014, he took N600 million only from the office of former NSA.

 

  1. Former National Publicity Secretary Olisah Metuh.

On trial for allegedly collecting N1.4bn from the office of former NSA.

 

  1. Dr Raymond Dokpesi, Chairman of DAAR Communications.

On trial for allegedly taking N2.1 billion from the office of the former NSA.

 

  1. Former SSA to President Goodluck Jonathan, Dudafa Waripamo-Owei

On trial, over N830 million allegedly kept in accounts of four different companies.

 

  1. Former President Goodluck Jonathan’s Cousin Robert Azibaola

On Thursday, a Federal High Court ruled that he has a case to answer for allegedly collecting $40 million from the office of former NSA.

Mohammed, who said the list was just a tip of the iceberg, added that the APC did not make the cases up as some of them were currently in court.

He added: “They are in court and the records are available. Some of the people on this list are seeking to plea bargain, and that is a fact.

“We insist that Nigeria was looted blind under the watch of the PDP and that the starting point in tendering an apology is for them to return the loot. We will not stop talking about the massive looting by the PDP. They brought Nigeria to this sorry pass. We are now looking around for loans to build infrastructure, and they ask us not to talk about it. We will talk about it,” he said.

 

Posted 31/03/2018 07:04:47 AM

 

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon


 

You may also like...
2019: APC campaign director defects to PDP, says...

Nigerian bishops have lost confidence in your government,...

Enugu Govt. commences construction of 200-bed specialist hospital...

PDP urges NIA, DSS, Interpol to track Oshiomhole...

House of Reps interior chairman dumps APC for...

National Assembly invasion: Osinbajo sacks DSS DG, Daura,...

Quit notice: Kaduna Govt obtains bench warrant against...

Obi Faults the Implementation of UBEC

Labour suspends strike, tripartite panel submits report to...

Plateau killings: Nigeria will know no peace if...

IPOB: Police planted arms recovered from Nnamdi Kanu’s...

OSUN GUBER: We’ll challenge INEC’s decision in court,...

 

Latest News INEC confirms Tambuwal as Sokoto PDP guber candidate Why I married Atiku – Titi Abubakar Atiku kicks off presidential campaign Monday Infrastructure: Buhari laying foundation for economic growth, says Fashola APC’s Olawuyi wins Kwara bye-election with 21,236 votes EEDC maps electricity network in South-East using GIS – Manager Benue: Ortom speaks on failed attempts to impeach him TRAGEDY: Mother and daughter, four INEC staff, NYSC member perish in road accident I’ll sell 90% of NNPC if elected – Atiku N13bn project: Why we dragged Ayogu to EFCC --Enugu community 2019: Buhari, Oshiomhole meet, set to announce APC campaign date CAN visits Buhari, says APC becoming corrupt politicians’ safe haven

 

Most Read NAFDAC eases processes, cost of registering products for MSMEs (7,074 views) Full Text of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s 2016 Budget Speech (5,683 views) Ex-Heads of State will protect Jonathan from persecution —Kukah (5,402 views) IPOB: ‘We need urgent clarifications on Nnamdi Kanu’s status, whereabouts’, UK Govt tells FG (4,873 views) ASUU strike: Senate intervention ends in deadlock (4,770 views) Ex-governor Adebayo, Keyamo, Arise, others get board appointments (3,967 views) Ugwuanyi commends FG’s siting of ICT University in Enugu (3,750 views) Prince Arthur Eze canvasses support for Buhari, Ugwuanyi (3,701 views) Nigeria ripe for Restructuring Now – Nwodo in Chatham House (3,699 views) Anambra: INEC releases 37 candidates for Nov poll (3,663 views) Buhari has disappointed Nigerians – Arewa Youth Forum (3,651 views) Quit notice: Kaduna Govt obtains bench warrant against Northern youths (3,639 views)

 

SECTIONS NEWS (613) EDITORIAL (6) POLITICS (385) SOCIETY (104) SPORTS (13) BUSINESS (227) HEALTH (16) EDUCATION (16) ENTERTAINMENT (8) INTERNATIONAL (30) TECHNOLOGY (1) COLUMNISTS (0) LETTERS (0) OPINION (8)

 

 

Julius Agwu - Crazy Interview Demands