Chibok: Only 15 of 113 captive schoolgirls still alive – Source

By Editor on 15/04/2018

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 440


…it’s not true, says Presidency

Nigerian journalist, Ahmad Salkida, who has inside information on the activities of Boko Haram has revealed that only 15 out of the remaining 113 abducted Chibok schoolgirls are still alive.

Salkida who made the shocking revelations in tweets on Saturday said many of the girls have died as a result of cross fires and bombardments by security forces on the hideouts of Boko Haram in Sambisa forest.

Eighty-three of the girls were released last year by the insurgents after negotiation with the Nigerian government.

The revelation is coming on the heels of the heels of the activities marking the fourth anniversary of the abduction of the girls in their school in Chibok by Boko Haram. They were abducted in the night of April 14, 2014.

Salkida who is based in Dubai also made it known to all who cares to know that the remaining 15 Chibok schoolgirls have been married off and are no longer under the control of Abubakar Shekau but under the control of their husbands. So any meaningful negotiation for their release will have to be with their husbands who are unwilling to release their wives.

According to him, they prefered to die than release their wives.

Meanwhile, the Presidency has dismissed Ahmed Salkida’s latest information that only 15 of the remaining 113 abducted Chibok schoolgirls in captivity of Boko Haram were believed to be alive.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, debunked Salkida’s claims in a statement in Abuja on Saturday.

The presidential aide stated that Salkida was neither involved in the processes that resulted in the release of the over 100 Chibok girls nor in the ongoing efforts to secure the release of the remaining Chibok girls in captivity.

He said: “Following the numerous press enquiries on the information contained in the series of tweets by Mr Ahmed Salkida, we wish to reiterate that the information is not known to the officials of this administration either from the captors of the Chibok girls or the international intercessors who are working with us.

“We wish to confirm that Mr Salkida is not involved, on behalf of the Nigerian government in the processes leading to the release of the over 100 Chibok Girls that have returned to their families, so far , and is not involved in the current processes to secure the release of those still held in captivity.’’

It would be recalled that President Buhari had on Friday reassured the parents of the schoolgirls, that were abducted from Government Girls Secondary School Chibok, Borno, that “their daughters will never be forgotten or abandoned to their fate”.

The President, in a statement issued by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, in Abuja, noted that despite four long years since they were taken away by terrorists the government would continue its efforts to ensure their safe return to their respective homes.

He joined the Borno government, parents of the children and Nigerians in commemorating the fourth anniversary of the sad incident.

He also noted that the recovery of more than 100 of the girls that were kidnapped through the Federal Government’s determined effort should give confidence that all “hope is not lost’”.

The President reaffirmed that the government remained focused and determined to see the girls return to their homes.

He, therefore, urged the parents to be expectant of more good news in due course.

“We are concerned and aware that it is taking long to bring the rest of our daughters back home, but be assured that this administration is doing its very best to free the girls from their captors.

“Unfortunately, the negotiations between the government and Boko Haram suffered some unexpected setbacks, owing mainly to a lack of agreement among their abductors, whose internal differences have led to a divergence of voices regarding the outcome of the talks.

“We know that this is not the news parents want to hear after four whole years of waiting, but we want to be as honest as possible with you.

“However, this government is not relenting. We will continue to persist, and the parents should please not give up.

”Don’t give up hope of seeing our daughters back home again. Don’t lose faith in this government’s ability to fulfill our promise of reuniting you with our daughters.

“Don’t imagine for a moment that we have forgotten about our daughters or that we consider their freedom a lost course,’’ the President said.

According to him, as long as he remains the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces the Chibok girls will never be forgotten and all will be done to have them reunited with their families.

Posted 15/04/2018 6:02:41 PM

 

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon


 

You may also like...
Imo lawyers boycott court sittings, want IG to...

Ekiti election: ‘1,000 security men holding Fayose hostage,...

Kidnap Kingpin, Evans sues Police for seizing his...

Buhari blames Jonathan for rot in health sector...

National Assembly invasion: Osinbajo sacks DSS DG, Daura,...

Police unlock impeached Imo Deputy Gov’s office

Former Enugu CJ, Umezulike is dead

Hundreds of Canadian doctors demand lower salaries

Obi Faults the Implementation of UBEC

We’re ready for arrest, detention and death –...

*“You’re a Frustrated, Serial Loser”, Osita Okechukwu’s Kinsmen...

IPOB threatens to attack Nwodo, others over restructuring...

 

Latest News 150 corrupt persons convicted in six months –Magu Buhari has destroyed Nigeria in three years - Charlie Boy Senators sue AGF, DSS, police for alleged plot to remove Saraki 2019: It’ll be Buhari/Osinbajo joint-ticket – Presidency Hold FG, APC responsible if democracy comes near harm —PDP PDP raises alarm over alleged plot to arrest Saraki, Ekweremadu Gov Obiano’s aide found dead in his room EFCC slams President’s aide for linking it to Saraki APC endorses Buhari Campaign Organisation to takeover NASS if Saraki remains Senate President Boko Haram: Angry soldiers ground Borno Airport, threaten to shoot superiors over redeployment Gunmen ambush, kill 4 policemen in Kaduna Contractor demolishes five ongoing projects, says he’s being owed

 

Most Read NAFDAC eases processes, cost of registering products for MSMEs (6,452 views) Full Text of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s 2016 Budget Speech (4,721 views) Ex-Heads of State will protect Jonathan from persecution —Kukah (4,584 views) IPOB: ‘We need urgent clarifications on Nnamdi Kanu’s status, whereabouts’, UK Govt tells FG (4,077 views) ASUU strike: Senate intervention ends in deadlock (4,003 views) Ex-governor Adebayo, Keyamo, Arise, others get board appointments (3,338 views) Nigeria ripe for Restructuring Now – Nwodo in Chatham House (3,075 views) Ugwuanyi commends FG’s siting of ICT University in Enugu (3,021 views) Quit notice: Kaduna Govt obtains bench warrant against Northern youths (3,004 views) Buhari has disappointed Nigerians – Arewa Youth Forum (3,001 views) Anambra: INEC releases 37 candidates for Nov poll (2,978 views) Chime not owner of Enugu Mall – Spar (2,498 views)

 

SECTIONS NEWS (364) EDITORIAL (5) POLITICS (318) SOCIETY (99) SPORTS (12) BUSINESS (182) HEALTH (16) EDUCATION (14) ENTERTAINMENT (7) INTERNATIONAL (26) TECHNOLOGY (1) COLUMNISTS (0) LETTERS (0) OPINION (8)

 

 

Julius Agwu - Crazy Interview Demands