Edward Soje: Kogi Director who committed suicide had Partial Stroke – Police

By Tony Edike on 24/10/2017

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 1,225

The deceased Edward Soje
The deceased Edward Soje

The Kogi State police command on Monday claimed that the director in the state civil service, Edward Soje, who committed suicide last week had a partial stroke before he died.

The command, however, said it would conduct a comprehensive autopsy on the body of the deceased to ascertain the particular cause of his death.

Addressing newsmen on Monday,  the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Kogi state command, Williams Aya, said the command has decided to conduct an autopsy to ascertain what actually led to his death.

He said a report received from the Division Police Officer (DPO) where the case was first reported showed that Sodje was suffering from partial stroke, following which he was on drugs.

Aya, upon further probe, however, said there was no medical report or document to back up the claim as it was only through an investigation conducted by the police.

When asked further how it was possible for a stroke patient to climb a tree and hang himself, the PPRO said the investigation was still ongoing.

The late Soje’s body was last week Thursday found hanging on a tree beside Mammy market at the Maigumeri housing the Nigeria Army Command Records, Lokoja.

The incident happened few days after his wife gave birth to triplets in a hospital in Abuja after 17 years of marriage.

Aya noted that as at the time the military found his body hanging on a tree, there was no suicide note on him that would have explained the circumstances of his death.

The police image maker that investigation has commenced and very soon they will get to the root of the matter.

The late civil servant took his own life following what family sources called series of financial challenges as he was said to be owed 11 months salary.

But the state government said he was only owed nine months as he was last paid in December last year, according to the Head of Service of the state, Deaconess Deborah Ogunmola.

According to her,  Soje continued to receive his salaries till December, 2016 even while the Staff Screening and Verification Exercise was ongoing.

She said his salary was stopped after proof emerged that he falsified his age records.

Posted 24/10/2017 06:19:14 AM

 

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon


 

You may also like...
Ex-Gov Nnamani begins Senatorial campaign, calls for peaceful...

Israel serves quit notice to African illegal migrants...

PDP convention: Atiku speaks on Buhari’s anti-corruption war,...

Constitutional provisions for defection —Falana

Clear salary arrears before Christmas, Buhari tells govs...

Police arrest Onitsha ‘beggars’ who make N25,000 daily...

2019: Ex-Generals, governors, ministers regroup to battle Buhari...

Wealthiest person in modern history emerges

Two clerics, six others die in Anambra multiple...

We’re ready for arrest, detention and death –...

Odinkalu lists threats to 2019 elections

Killings: Buhari thanks Nigerians for understanding, support

 

Latest News Nigeria Elections: There’s a plot to kill Atiku – Ex-APC spokesman Timi Frank American Secretary of State didn’t describe Atiku as corrupt —US Embassy Zamfara, Rivers APC remain banned – INEC Ex-Enugu SSG, Martin Ilo, is dead Many injured, vehicles burnt as thugs attack PDP campaign convoy in Kano Gunmen attack Osinbajo’s convoy in Ilorin Bomb blast hits commuter bus in Enugu Polls: Ohanaeze, MASSOB, IPOB, reaffirm support for Atiku/Obi (Full Communique) Our endorsement of Atiku, Obi sacrosanct —Ohanaeze Order on ballot box snatchers: We’ll act according to the law – Army Buhari orders Army, Police, others to kill ballot box snatchers Outrage as Buhari declares death for ballot box snatchers

 

Most Read NAFDAC eases processes, cost of registering products for MSMEs (7,659 views) Full Text of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s 2016 Budget Speech (6,531 views) Ex-Heads of State will protect Jonathan from persecution —Kukah (6,227 views) IPOB: ‘We need urgent clarifications on Nnamdi Kanu’s status, whereabouts’, UK Govt tells FG (5,640 views) ASUU strike: Senate intervention ends in deadlock (5,600 views) Ex-governor Adebayo, Keyamo, Arise, others get board appointments (4,593 views) Ugwuanyi commends FG’s siting of ICT University in Enugu (4,500 views) Prince Arthur Eze canvasses support for Buhari, Ugwuanyi (4,484 views) Anambra: INEC releases 37 candidates for Nov poll (4,365 views) Nigeria ripe for Restructuring Now – Nwodo in Chatham House (4,360 views) Buhari has disappointed Nigerians – Arewa Youth Forum (4,337 views) Quit notice: Kaduna Govt obtains bench warrant against Northern youths (4,237 views)

 

SECTIONS NEWS (835) EDITORIAL (6) POLITICS (413) SOCIETY (105) SPORTS (13) BUSINESS (244) HEALTH (16) EDUCATION (20) ENTERTAINMENT (8) INTERNATIONAL (31) TECHNOLOGY (1) COLUMNISTS (0) LETTERS (0) OPINION (10)

 

 

Julius Agwu - Crazy Interview Demands