I’ll shock those who want to bring down my govt – Buhari

By AdvocateNews on 01/06/2021

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 833


President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed to shock those bent on destroying his government.

He said attacks across the nation were targeted to show his administration has failed.

He spoke on Tuesday while he received briefing from Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof Mahmood Yakubu, on series of attacks on facilities of the electoral body round the country.

He said: “I receive daily security reports on the attacks, and it is very clear that those behind them want this administration to fail.

“Insecurity in Nigeria is now mentioned all over the world. All the people who want power, whoever they are, you wonder what they really want. Whoever wants the destruction of the system will soon have the shock of their lives. We’ve given them enough time.”

Buhari, according to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, recalled that he visited all the 36 states before the 2019 election “and majority of the people believed me, and the election proved it.”

He said those misbehaving in certain parts of the country were obviously too young to know the travails and loss of lives that attended the Civil War.

“Those of us in the fields for 30 months, who went through the war, will treat them in the language they understand. We are going to be very hard sooner than later.”

The President said the Service Chiefs and the Inspector General of Police have been changed, “and we will demand security from them.”

Despite recent attacks on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) facilities in parts of the country, Buhari vowed to give all it would take to secure future elections.

The President, who said his administration would invest more into empowering the INEC to ensure no election fails, vowed he would not want to give his traducers the impression that he has a motive to stay beyond his term of office.

He promised to continue leading the country in accordance with Constitutional provisions.

The President said he would ensure INEC is able to carry out its duties “so that no one would say we don’t want to go, or that we want a third term. There will be no excuse for failure. We’ll meet all INEC’s demands”.

In his briefing, Prof Yakubu said that so far, there have been 42 cases of attacks on INEC offices nationwide, since the last General Election.

“The 42 incidents so far occurred in 14 states of the Federation for a variety of reasons….Most of the attacks happened in the last seven months, and they are unrelated to protest against previous elections.

“From the pattern and frequency of the most recent attacks, they appear to be targeted at future elections. The intention is to incapacitate the Commission, undermine the nation’s democracy and precipitate a national crisis,” Yakubu said.

Posted 01/06/2021 8:57:27 PM

 

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon


 

You may also like...
Opposition bashes Senate for rejecting motion to debate...

90,000 police officers deployed against Dino Melaye for...

Power generation collapses to 145MW

INCEST: Man impregnates daughter in Ogun, says he...

Asari Dokubo reveals when, how he will kill...

Several persons feared killed as kidnappers lay siege...

60-yr-old father defiles eight-yr-old daughter

Rotational presidency not in APC Constitution – Yahaya...

Nigerian military retires 343 soldiers

Ifeanyi Ararume loses bid to return to Senate...

Man rapes, kills Elder Brother’s Wife

Covid-19: The world has sinned, end time is...

 

Latest News Belonging to Biafra is not by force — IPOB FACT CHECK: Is this picture of Don Jazzy in Biafra-themed outfit real? Extortion: Protesting tricycle operators ground commercial activities in Onitsha Army blocks Bakassi entrance as ultimatum by Biafra activists ends Alleged killing of defenseless Igbo, razing 100 communities in S-East: Army slams Inter-Society for ‘misleading claims aimed at inciting public’ 8 killed, property destroyed as Taraba communities clash Why I slit 11-year-old’s throat —Borno teenage student Biafra activists chase away police officers, dismantle checkpoint Buhari mourns five-year-old pupil kidnapped, killed by her teacher 3 docked over alleged killing of 7-year-old girl in Benue 2023: They’re planning to compromise security, INEC to gain victory – Afenifere UK raises alarm N’Assembly orders probe of 178,459 missing police riffles

 

Most Read Ex-Heads of State will protect Jonathan from persecution —Kukah (261,914 views) Full Text of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s 2016 Budget Speech (261,911 views) I’ve no Coronavirus, govt wants to kill me – Anambra Index case (261,911 views) Ebonyi bans embalming of corpses in homes (261,910 views) Fleeing ex-DG Imo Broadcasting Corporation who stabbed wife to death arrested (261,910 views) FG sends new directive to banks, schools as Buhari extends lockdown by four weeks (261,909 views) Ugwuanyi commends FG’s siting of ICT University in Enugu (261,908 views) Sickle cell support group seeks government intervention (261,907 views) ASUU strike: Senate intervention ends in deadlock (254,525 views) HUSHPUPPI: CRIMINALS HAVE NO TRIBE. THEY SHAME ALL OF US... (253,560 views) All you need to know about Peter Obi, PDP VP Candidate (195,738 views) DEMOCRACY DAY: President Muhammadu Buhari’s full speech (194,030 views)

 

 

SECTIONS FAITH (158) EDITORIAL (21) NEWS (7,834) POLITICS (497) SOCIETY (133) SPORTS (61) BUSINESS (376) HEALTH (60) EDUCATION (51) INTERNATIONAL (186) ENTERTAINMENT (57) TECHNOLOGY (6) COLUMNISTS (57) LETTERS (4) OPINION (42)

 

 


There are no video entries posted yet.