Igbos have lost N3.8 trillion to sit-at-home, education destroyed – Ohanaeze

By AdvocateNews on 14/09/2021

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 186


The Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, on Tuesday by, lamented that the continuous sit-at-home being declared by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, is quickly destroying the economy of the South-East zone.

The lockdown ordered by the pro-Biafra group grounded the South-East on Monday and Thursday last week during the visit of President Muhammadu Buhari to Imo state. The action continued again this week Monday and Tuesday (today). 

A disturbing incident occurred in Imo on Monday when some gunmen enforcing the lockdown invaded a secondary school and chased away students sitting for the West African Senior School Examination, WASCE.

In a statement, factional Ohanaeze Secretary-General, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, said the developments were heartbreaking.

The Ohanaeze scribe said Ndigbo were known to be educationists and entrepreneurs and wondered where such a different spirit was coming from.

He said, “We are seriously disturbed over these actions that are endangering the future of Igbo pupils students; it is disheartening that the IPOB disciples are playing into the decoys and gimmicks of Igbo detractors.

“It’s nonsensical for any right-thinking Igbo to hinder our youngsters from participating in the WACE examinations under any guise of self-determination. Ndigbo are known to be first-class educationists and entrepreneurs; this new trend is certainly alien to Igboland.

“This madness has reached the zenith of stupidity and must decline; it’s on record that Igbo students have remained outstanding in the WACE examination, with spectacular results, so anyone trying to remove this mark is an enemy of Ndigbo.” 

On the economic implication of the sit-at-home order, Isiguzoro lamented that “we have reached the end of the road.

“Ndigbo have lost almost N3.8 trillion in all facets of economic and social activities due to this absurdity.

“This must be terminated instantly for our survival. We are in support of state governments to sack and reshuffle all market leadership in the southeast who are supporting the sit-at-home order.

“A time has come for an emergency meeting with Igbo Town Union Administrators, market leaders and other pro-Biafra agitators whose conducts are in line with Igbo interests.

“We should not fold our hands and allow for a total destruction of the South-East; our enemies are already holding a tea party and we should not allow it to continue.”

Posted 14/09/2021 09:35:49 AM

 

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon


 

You may also like...
Enugu airport runway for completion by August 30,...

38 people feared drowned in Bauchi boat mishap...

Stakeholders advocate institutionalisation of rule-of-law to ensure functionality...

BBNaija: Tension as Erica faces possible third strike...

91 Boko Haram/ISWAP fighters, families surrender

UCH beefs up security over planned attack —...

Air Peace flies home another 314 Nigerians from...

Power supply remains low at 3,838MW as Fashola,...

Wike reshuffles cabinet, approves employment of 5000 youths...

Fresh attack: Boko Haram kills Army commander, scores...

9that NASS: Nigeria’s challenges have no party, tribe...

Aggrieved aspirant flies PDP flag at half mast,...

 

Latest News 2023: ‘Pairing of Governor Yahaya Bello and FFK as candidate and running mate untrue’ – APC Chieftain You’re just an attention seeker – PDP tells Umahi Maiduguri thrown into darkness again as ISWAP blows up high tension electricity towers Breaking: INEC office in Awgu, Enugu state set ablaze Angry residents set six suspected bandits ablaze in Sokoto community Ex-CBN Deputy Governor, Mailafia is dead Gunmen attack political meeting in Enugu, threaten no election in South East in 2023 Unknown gunmen kill 3 policemen in Enugu EFCC arrests 16 internet fraud suspects in Enugu Osinbajo charges religious leaders to pay Pentecost tax Miyetti Allah chairman dies in the hands of kidnappers — Official Rumour of Ugwuanyi joining APC is false - Onoh

 

Most Read I’ve no Coronavirus, govt wants to kill me – Anambra Index case (169,588 views) Fleeing ex-DG Imo Broadcasting Corporation who stabbed wife to death arrested (167,730 views) Ugwuanyi commends FG’s siting of ICT University in Enugu (167,729 views) Ebonyi bans embalming of corpses in homes (167,729 views) FG sends new directive to banks, schools as Buhari extends lockdown by four weeks (167,729 views) Sickle cell support group seeks government intervention (167,726 views) Ex-Heads of State will protect Jonathan from persecution —Kukah (167,720 views) Full Text of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s 2016 Budget Speech (167,651 views) HUSHPUPPI: CRIMINALS HAVE NO TRIBE. THEY SHAME ALL OF US... (164,752 views) ASUU strike: Senate intervention ends in deadlock (164,347 views) All you need to know about Peter Obi, PDP VP Candidate (135,134 views) DEMOCRACY DAY: President Muhammadu Buhari’s full speech (133,587 views)

 

 

SECTIONS FAITH (156) EDITORIAL (17) NEWS (6,643) POLITICS (493) SOCIETY (129) SPORTS (51) BUSINESS (364) HEALTH (57) EDUCATION (48) ENTERTAINMENT (49) INTERNATIONAL (176) TECHNOLOGY (1) COLUMNISTS (57) LETTERS (4) OPINION (37)

 

 


There are no video entries posted yet.